NuShield-CI is a self-cleaning, bi-polar ionization generator for actively treating a building’s air quality that does not require replacement parts in a year or two like competing UV lights or other ionizer technologies. In addition, the NuShield-CI produces and maintains unparalleled ionization output and capabilities. As the air flows past the NuShield-CI, the device emits positive and negative ions that actively treat the supply air, reducing certain bacteria and viruses* in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces smoke, odors (cooking, pet, VOCs), as well as other particles (no more sunbeams) in the air. NuShield meets UL 2998 zero ozone emission certification.
Although suitable for residential applications, the NuShield-CI is specially designed for light commercial systems up to 12 tons (4800 CFM) with no maintenance or replacement parts needed. NuShield-CI can be easily internally mounted in any ducted HVAC system. NuShield-CI always works at peak performance, producing over 200 millions ions/cc per polarity (400 million total ions/cc), making it superior to other market approaches. The NuShield-CI includes a self-cleaning cycle, integral alarm contact (for remote monitoring), and patented multi-voltage input.
- Patented self-cleaning design
- Needlepoint ionization actively treats air in homes and buildings
- Meets UL 2998 Zero Ozone Emission Certification
- Internal mount installation for systems up to 12 tons (4800 CFM)
- Designed for easy internal mount at the fan coil
- No maintenance for the life of the device
- Flexible design with no replacement parts
- Patented multi-voltage input - 24VAC to 240VAC
- Reduces certain bacteria and viruses*
- Reduces odors, smoke and other airborne particles
- Keeps coil cleaner longer
- Integral alarm contact for remote monitoring
- Fully ETL listed and CARB certified
- Three-year limited warranty**
*See Performance Data for details. **Nu-Calgon offers a three-year limited warranty on NuShield products. For a valid warranty claim within three years, proof of purchase and proof of installation by a licensed HVAC or electrical contractor must be provided. See full warranty for complete details.